Sunday, January 25, 2009

DPS ranks per class for Wrath of the Lich King

I came across this very interesting chart on wowmeteronline.com that lists all the DPS by all the classes on the boss fights for Wrath of the Lich King (Naxx and Obsidian Sanctum). It's a good way to get a quick reference for how well you are performing on a boss-by-boss basis, but I thought I could derive more information by calculating scores for all the classes.

Here is the current standing:







































ClassScore (lower is better)
Mage36
Warlock56
Death Knight60
Hunter60
Warrior72
Shaman97
Priest107
Paladin119
Rogue123
Druid150




You can find the full details in this spreadsheet.

Mages, Warlocks, Death Knights and Hunters have a commanding lead in all-around DPS, and it's especially surprising to see Death Knights in the top 3 since they are a melee class (most of the fights in Naxxramas and the Obsidian Sanctum are very mobile and therefore more suitable for ranged dps, which doesn't need to run back in melee range before resuming DPS).

My biggest dissapointment is to see Rogues so far down. For one of the few single-spec pure DPS classes in the game, it's depressing to see that they have so little to contribute overall. Not only do they provide close to zero raid wise utility buff, but their DPS can only be noticed on very specific fights, and it's not even that great. Another surprise for me was to see Priests so far down as well. I have noticed very impressive DPS from shadow priests these past weeks, but I guess they don't get a chance to express themselves fully in these fights.

Druids are the worst off but even though I have found Cat Form dps to be average overall, I can't really explain their very low score on this chart. I'm guessing the charts I got the numbers from don't really take specs into account, so it might be that most of these were not DPS specced.

No comments: